Rams ProgramThe primary goal of the RAMS Program is to provide an inclusive Catholic education to high school age students with developmental and intellectual disabilities. This program allows us to further the mission of both the church and Central Catholic by educating students from diverse backgrounds in a Catholic community, challenging each individual to live as a Christian witness in service to others.
- Students who experience an intellectual or developmental disability
- Students who range in below-grade level academic performance
- Students who need one-to-one support in academic, social, and adaptive skills
- Students who possess a willingness to grow and learn and exemplify a curiosity and motivation to work with others and grow in their overall independence
- Students participate in general education classes with modifications and accommodations.
- Students graduate with a Modified High School Diploma or Certificate of Completion.
- Students participate in all aspects of a typical college preparatory high school with support.
- Students will exit with a comprehensive Transition Portfolio and post secondary plan.
- Parents, teachers, and each student collaborate to create an Individual Learning Plan and Transition Plan and stay up to date on all necessary re-evaluation testing.
- Contact Mary Mauldin '10 at 503.235.3138 ext. 1245 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the Admissions Process
- Apply for Financial Aid (optional)
- Complete the Central Catholic RAMS Program application and supply the following documentation
- IEP/Learning Plan
- Cognitive, academic, and behavioral assessments
- Psycho-educational evaluation completed within the last three years
- Any other necessary reports and evaluations pertaining to the individual needs of the student
- Participate in a family collaborative goal-setting meeting to explore student's strengths and gifts
- Registration Fee due April 1
- Peer mentors are a critical component in ensuring our RAMS Program students are fully included
- Peer Mentorship is offered as an elective course to students grades 10-12
- Peer mentors are trained and supported as they navigate ways to best support their RAMS student in the classroom and social settings
- Peer mentors provide one to one or small group support to RAMS Program students
- Peer mentors model friendship, leadership, and inclusivity to the entire student body
Ram Roast CoffeeThe RAMS Program at Central Catholic High School welcomes you to their coffee company, Ram Roast Coffee. This school-based cafe and cart is staffed and managed by our RAMS Program students and their peer mentors.
The goal of Ram Roast Coffee is to provide hands-on, real world experience for our RAMS Program students by practicing their professional skills, communication, and customer service.
With the help of our Ramily, we will be preparing our students for their post-secondary transition and also building a more inclusive Catholic community on our campus.