Rams ProgramThe primary goal of the Rams Program is to provide an inclusive Catholic education to high school age students with developmental and intellectual disabilities. This program allows us to further the mission of both the church and Central Catholic by educating students from diverse backgrounds in a Catholic community, challenging each individual to live as a Christian witness in service to others.
- Desire to be part of our faith based community
- 14-18 years old
- Willingness to interact socially and academically with peers and staff
- Academic proficiency at a 2nd-5th grade equivalent
- Students will be full members of the Central Catholic community. We are all Rams!
- Students are included in as many classes as possible while working in smaller group settings for their core academic skills. We will provide adaptations, modifications, and necessary supports for success.
- We will work collaboratively to maximize each student's academic, spiritual, and social potential.
- Students will participate in peer mentor activities.
- Students will be an active member of their community transition planning.
- Contact Mary Wilson '10 at 503.235.3138 ext. 1245 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spend-A-Day with Central Catholic students
- Complete the Admissions Process and apply for Financial Aid
- Supply the Central Catholic Student Support Services Department with available documentation to support individual needs, this could include:
- IEP/Learning Plan
- cognitive assessments
- academic assessments
- behavioral assessments
- Participate in a family collaborative goal-setting meeting to explore student's strengths and gifts
- Enrollment Intent Form and Registration Fee due April 1
Ram Roast CoffeeThe RAMS Program at Central Catholic High School welcomes you to their coffee company, Ram Roast Coffee. This school-based cafe and cart is staffed and managed by our RAMS Program students and their peer mentors.
The goal of Ram Roast Coffee is to provide hands-on, real world experience for our RAMS Program students by practicing their professional skills, communication, and customer service.
With the help of our Ramily, we will be preparing our students for their post-secondary transition and also building a more inclusive Catholic community on our campus.