Preparing for College
At Central Catholic, we realize that students have many choices about their future; however, over 98% of our students will attend a two- or four-year college or university. Central Catholic is committed to providing its student body with ample resources to aid in the college selection process:
- Students work with counselors to create an individualized four-year plan.
- Full-time College Counselors Nanette Martin and Kirby Henningsen work directly with students and families.
- Students and families receive information and are encouraged to attend many college planning events.
- A monthly college planning newsletter is sent to all junior families beginning in December and all senior families throughout the year.
Kirby Henningsen - College Counselor
Nanette Martin - College Counselor
Wendy Bigler - College Counseling Assistant
Helpful College and Career Planning Links
- Searching for Colleges
- Career Exploration
- Paying for College
- Learn about the Common Application
- Other Post-Secondary Options
College Night for Seniors: September 4
Financial Aid Night for Senior families: September 25
College Planning Night for Ninth - Eleventh Grade: March 18