Preparing for College
COLLEGE PLANNING RESOURCES
Click here to for resources on college applications, paying for college, athletics, and more.
At Central Catholic, we realize that students have many choices about their future; however, over 98% of our students will attend a two- or four-year college or university. Central Catholic is committed to providing its student body with ample resources to aid in the college selection process:
- Students work with counselors to create an individualized four-year plan.
- Full-time College Counselor, Nanette Martin, works directly with students and families.
- Students and families receive information and are encouraged to attend many college planning events.
- A monthly college planning newsletter is sent to all junior families beginning in December and all senior families throughout the year.
ACCESS NAVIANCE STUDENT HERE:
Virtual College Visits - College Representatives will be visiting virtually!
- Monday – Thursday, 3:00–3:00PM and 3:30–4:00PM (beginning Sept 8)
- Please see the list of colleges with dates, times, and zoom links here (you must have a Central Catholic email address to access. Please request access if you are unable to open)
College Planning Night
Did you miss College Planning Night, or would like to revisit the presentation?
CLICK HERE to rewatch the presentation and access all of the linked resources.
SAT without essay
Central Catholic is offering an opportunity for juniors to take the SAT (without essay) on Tuesday, April 27. (Please note this is a Gold day and students will miss 5th period and Student Life).
PLACE: Central Catholic High School
DATE: Tues, April 27, 2021
TIME: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM (approximately)
COST: $52.00 (billed via Central Catholic billing office)
TEST PREPARATION RESOURCESKhan Academy - Free personalized practice for the SAT test. “20 hours of practice on Khan Academy is associated with an average 115 point score increase from the PSAT/NMSQT to the SAT, nearly double the average gain without Khan Academy.”
ACT Academy - Free, personalized practice for the ACT.
Portland Community College - Learn strategies for taking the ACT and SAT tests to maximize your score, developing skills applicable to any standardized test. Covers general strategies for the Reading, Writing and Language, Math and Science Tests as well as the Essay. For ages 15-17.