Preparing for CollegeAt Central Catholic, we realize that students have many choices about their future; however, over 98% of our students will attend a two- or four-year college or university. Central Catholic is committed to providing its student body with ample resources to aid in the college selection process:
- Students work with counselors to create an individualized four-year plan.
- Full-time College Counselors Nanette Martin and Kirby Henningsen work directly with students and families.
- Students and families receive information and are encouraged to attend many college planning events.
- A monthly college planning newsletter is sent to all junior families beginning in December and all senior families throughout the year.
Kirby Henningsen - College Counselor
Nanette Martin - College Counselor
Wendy Bigler - College Counseling Assistant
Helpful College and Career Planning Links
- Searching for Colleges
- Career Exploration
- Paying for College
- Learn about the Common Application
- Other Post-Secondary Options
Access Naviance Student Here:
Test Preparation Resources
Khan Academy - Free personalized practice for the SAT test. “20 hours of practice on Khan Academy is associated with an average 115 point score increase from the PSAT/NMSQT to the SAT, nearly double the average gain without Khan Academy.”
ACT Academy - Free, personalized practice for the ACT.
Portland Community College - Learn strategies for taking the ACT and SAT tests to maximize your score, developing skills applicable to any standardized test. Covers general strategies for the Reading, Writing and Language, Math and Science Tests as well as the Essay. For ages 15-17.