Preparing for College
At Central Catholic, we realize that students have many choices about their future; however, over 98% of our students will attend a two- or four-year college or university. Central Catholic is committed to providing its student body with ample resources to aid in the college selection process:
- Students work with counselors to create an individualized four-year plan.
- Full-time College Counselors Nanette Martin and Kirby Henningsen work directly with students and families.
- Students and families receive information and are encouraged to attend many college planning events.
- A monthly college planning newsletter is sent to all junior families beginning in December and all senior families throughout the year.
Kirby Henningsen - College Counselor
Nanette Martin - College Counselor
Wendy Bigler - College Counseling Assistant
College Counseling NewsletterAugust/September
Helpful College and Career Planning Links
- Searching for Colleges
- Career Exploration
- Paying for College
- Learn about the Common Application
- Other Post-Secondary Options
Financial Aid Night for Senior families: September 25
College Planning Night for Ninth - Eleventh Grade: March 18
"Appy Hour" every Tuesday and Thursday, during lunch - help with college applications, letters of recommendation, or other college and career related questions.
This is an opportunity for parents and students to meet with these college reps, ask questions, find out more about the application process, admissions requirements, academic programs and majors, etc.
9th and 10th grade students need to be accompanied by a parent!
Parents and students (grades 9-12) are invited to attend the following college visits:
University of San Diego, Oct 10, 2049, 8:15am, Weston Commons
Gonzaga University, Oct 14, 2019, 8:15am, Weston Commons
University of Oregon, Nov 22, 2019, 8:15am, Weston Commons