Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Information(Registration is closed for this year’s AP Exams. The deadline to register was March 1.)
Below, you will find the all the information, locations, times, and forms for the day of your AP Exam. Your AP teacher has more information about their specific course’s exam.
If you have any questions please contact our AP Coordinator, Mr. Chris McLean.
Before taking your AP Exam
CLICK HERE read the AP Bulletin for students and parents.
Pay particular attention to the scheduled day, time, and location of the exam. Exams will be administered either at Central Catholic High School or the University of Portland.
A list of exam times and locations are posted throughout the school – at the main office and in AP classrooms. CLICK HERE for a PDF of the exam times and locations.
What to bring to your AP exam:
- Several sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers) for all responses on your multiple-choice answer sheet (not mechanical pencils).
- Pens with black or dark-blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
- A School-issued photo ID or drivers license.
- (Optional) A watch that does not beep or have an alarm (all exam rooms will have a clock on the wall). Leave your Fitbit or Smart watch at home, please.
- An approved calculator (bring backup batteries in case) with the necessary capabilities if you are taking an AP Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Physics, or Statistics Exam. CLICK HERE for a list of approved graphing calculators.
- A ruler or straightedge only if you are taking an AP Physics Exam (Protractors are not allowed.)
- A light snack (accessible during the break only) and a water bottle that closes.
- Electronic equipment: (cell phone, smart phone, laptop, tablet computer, etc.), portable listening or recording devices (MP3 player, iPod, etc.), cameras or other photographic equipment, smart watches, wi-fi enabled devices, devices that can access the Internet, and any other electronic or communication devices
- Unapproved aids: Books, compasses, protractors, mechanical pencils, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, notes, or colored pencils, reference guides, keyboard maps or other typing instructions, and clothing with subject-related information.
- Rulers, straightedges and protractors (except students taking the AP Physics Exams)
- Scratch paper
- Watches that beep or have an alarm, or smartwatches.
- Computers or calculators (except students taking the AP Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Physics, or Statistics Exams).
Do not be late. Give yourself extra time and factor in additional time for traffic, parking, and walking to your testing location. If you are unsure about driving to the University of Portland, take a trip there before the exam to familiarize yourself with the route. Students cannot be admitted once the exam begins.
For more information please speak with your AP teacher, go online to student.collegeboard.org, or contact Mr. Chris McLean.