Freshmen Financial Aid Application
- Make a plan for how you are going to pay. Know that your tuition and fees will not be covered in full by financial aid and or scholarships. Parents need to apply for financial aid annually and students apply for scholarships annually on or before the deadlines.
- Be sure both applications, admissions application to Central Catholic and your financial aid application to FACTS are complete and filed on time. Provide additional information as soon as it is requested. This is your responsibility. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Need-based Tuition AssistanceThe Central Catholic High School tuition assistance grant is especially designed for the most financially needy students in our school. Central Catholic has chosen to use FACTS for financial aid application processing.
The income and assets of a family are taken into account, as well as family size, extraordinary expense, number of children attending tuition charging schools (excluding colleges/universities), metropolitan area of residence, number of working parents and the value of parents’ assets. Unusual family tragedy or catastrophes, such as job loss or large medical expense are taken into account. Families that incur a large amount of “choice debt” are not rewarded for unwise financial planning.
Reports prepared by FACTS from information gathered from parents/guardians are used by the Central Catholic Financial Aid Committee to determine tuition assistance awards. Dollar amounts of awards vary, with the largest grants going to families who apply by the deadline and demonstrate the greatest need in a given school year.
February 16, 2019Online due date for FACTS financial aid application for incoming Freshmen.
March 14, 2019Financial aid award letters are mailed along with incoming freshmen acceptance letters.
April 3, 2019Response by admitted students must be received by April 3 or the financial aid and scholarships awarded will be rescinded and given to another student.
How to ApplyCLICK HERE to apply.
The online FACTS application for incoming freshmen must be submitted on, or before, February 16, 2019.
Create a FACTS account to complete your online application, upload the required documentation, and pay a $30 non-refundable processing fee.
Required Supporting Documentation• 2018 W-2 forms for all jobs.
• 2017 filed tax return: 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ with all schedules
• 2018 filed business tax return: 1120, 1120S, 1065 (if applicable)
• Supplemental income documentation: Social Security income, Welfare, Food Stamps, Child Support, 1099-M Forms, Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment, Veterans Benefits, Housing Allowance, etc.
• If you are unable to provide any of the aforementioned items, please submit a Special Circumstance Letter indicating which document(s) you are unable to provide and why. This information will be shared with the school for consideration.
CLICK HERE for more information about FACTS.
HAGA CLIC AQUÍ para obtener más información acerca de FACTS.
Late applicants may qualify for aid, but the school may not have funds available. We strongly recommend that you check the status of your application by visiting their website. Log in to your account and make sure the status is “Verified”. If the status is “On Hold” be sure to follow up. “On Hold” applications will not be considered. For more information, contact Lupe Tellez by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 503.688.1040.