Central Catholic High School
Summer Session 2021
Central Catholic High School is pleased to offer a selection of courses for academic credit and enrichment this summer. While classes are available primarily for grades 9-12, some enrichment courses are also available for 7th and 8th grade students. See the attached course catalog for detailed descriptions of each course. Please direct questions and requests for financial assistance to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with you directly.
SUMMER SCHOOL GUIDELINES
- Central Catholic High School’s summer office hours are Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Class sizes are limited. Registration will be accepted in order of date received and must be completed online.
- Minimum enrollment is required for classes to run. All canceled classes will be refunded in their entirety.
- In observance of Independence Day July 4th, there will be no class on the following Monday, July 5th and the campus will be closed. Classes that week will run Tuesday - Friday.
- Students from schools other than Central Catholic are welcome to take classes! It is the responsibility of the student to consult their school counselor to verify that credits offered at Central Catholic will be accepted by their school.
- Attendance: Due to the condensed nature of the Summer Session, students must attend all class meetings. Please see specific attendance requirements for academic courses in the course descriptions below.
WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND POLICY
We recognize that things do come up. Should you need to withdraw from a class, please submit your request via email as early as possible. Withdrawals are subject to the following fees:
- Week of May 24 – $25 Penalty
- Week of May 31 – $50 Penalty
- Week of June 7 – $75 Penalty
- On or after June 14 – No Refund
Classes, Transcripts, and Credit
- Central Catholic High School students taking credit retrieval or advancement summer courses will receive an official grade on their transcript. However, that grade will not be included in the student’s cumulative GPA.
- Central Catholic High School cannot guarantee that Summer Session credit will be accepted by all other schools. Students are responsible for checking with their school counselor or administrator to determine if Summer Session credits are acceptable. It is the responsibility of students to notify their school of the courses taken and the credit earned.
- Any course needed by a Central Catholic student for credit recovery that is not offered through the Summer Session should be discussed with the student’s counselor or the Assistant Principal of Curriculum Design and Instruction.