Placement TestAll prospective freshmen are required to take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) as part of their application to our school. The test is given at Central Catholic in December.
- The HSPT is a standardized test that evaluates a student’s performance levels in both basic skills and cognitive areas. The basic skills are math, reading, and language.
- The cognitive portion of the test measures verbal and quantitative skills. The test is multiple-choice and is divided into several sections. In addition, students will write a short essay after selecting a topic from several options.
- Test results (with an explanation) will be mailed to families within a month after the test.
- The test fee is $25
- Test takers should bring two #2 pencils
- Snacks/refreshments will be provided
- Calculators are not permitted
- Deadline to register for the exam is November 29, 2017
- Arrive at the school 15 minutes prior to the test and check-in at the Main Entrance to the school on 24th and Stark
- Students are encouraged to take the HSPT at the school of their first choice
503-230-1056, ext. 1112 | Email
Admissions OfficePaul O'Malley, Director of Admissions
Phone: 503-230-1056, ext. 1112
Fax: 503-232-1936 | E-mail