Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Information and RegistrationRegistration is now open for this year’s AP Exams. The deadline to register is Wednesday, March 1. Below you will find the all the information necessary to register for all AP Exams. Your AP teacher has more information about their specific course’s exam, though you do not need to be enrolled in an AP course to take an exam.
CLICK HERE to register for an AP Exam.
FeesThe cost of an exam is $93. A reduced fee ($53) is available for those who qualify. Please contact Nanette Martin to determine eligibility. More information can be found in the AP Bulletin.
In addition, some academic departments here at CC may offer scholarships or funding for students with financial need and high academic potential. Please speak with your department chair or teacher for more information.
If you have any questions please contact our AP Coordinator, Mr. Chris McLean.
Steps to taking an AP Exam
1. Fill out and submit an Online Registration Form. You will receive a paper receipt delivered during school, verifying your registration. If you have difficulty using the online form please email Mr. McLean immediately.
After you register you will receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive a paper receipt (delivered during school) and an email within one week then you have NOT registered (the online form did not process your registration).
2. Download and read the AP Bulletin for Students and Parents. Copies are also available in the main office.
3. You are encouraged to register for reminders and notifications about Central Catholic's AP exams through Remind.com. Text @apatcc to 81010 to enroll, or to receive messages via email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. You must attend a pre-administration session to complete exam related paperwork. These sessions will take place during a period of AP History classes sometime in April, and others will be scheduled as needed during rep periods or after school.
5. Pay particular attention to the scheduled day, time, and location of the exam. Many exams will be administered off campus. A list of exam locations will be available in April, but the times and dates are posted now.
For more information please speak with your AP teacher, go online to student.collegeboard.org, or contact Mr. Chris McLean.